Re-Housing Recovery Fund

This program is designed to provide financial assistance (up to $30,000 per unit) to landlords to rehabilitate blighted, vacant, or otherwise not in compliance rental units.

Champlain Housing Trust is accepting inquiries for landlords in Chittenden, Grand Isle, and Franklin Counties regarding this program.  You can contact them at or click here for more information.

Champlain Housing Trust ReHAB Program

Champlain Housing Trust is offering Rehab funds to landlords in Chittenden, Grand Isle, and Franklin Counties. 

See attached flyer for more information.

PDF Document


ACCD COVID Resource and Recovery Center - information for sector by sector re-opening.

Mandatory Health and Safety Guidelines

urrently, if landlords are following the Mandatory Health and Safety Guidelines, access to a tenant's unit is permitted EXCEPT to show the unit to a prospective new tenant (or buyer if the property is for sale).  Access is allowed for an inspection by the landlord; to make necessary or agreed repairs, alterations, or improvements; or to provide agreed services. 

COVID-19 Resources

Currently available resources include the following:

The Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering disaster assiatnce in the form of low interest loans for businesses impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.  Loans are available to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills.

Complete details and contact information can be found in the attached PDF.

Latest updates from CDC

Vermont Department of Health Information

Unemployment Benefits – the Department of Labor is fast tracking unemployment benefits for any person who has lost (temporarily or permanently) their job due to COVID-19.  For tenants, particularly those in the restaurant and bar industry, who are not able to work, that will provide some economic relief.  Details can be found here:

 ****We understand that the Unemployment system is completely bogged down, please be patient and keep trying****

At this time, the only way to file a NEW CLAIM is by phone. (877) 214-3330

The phone lines are jammed, but please keep trying.  From what I have heard, once you get through, the filing is relatively easy.

 If you have an EXISTING UI Claim, please use this number: (877) 214-3332

Tenants with Rent Subsidy.  For tenants who receive a Section 8 subsidy or another income based rent subsidy, if the tenant has lost employment or income they shoudl immediately notify their subsidy provider to have their income reassesed.  The tenants portion should be adjusted due to change in income.  

Small Business Administration – some resources are becoming available for business owners through this program.  Like many of these, the details are constantly changing and regulations loosening each day. 


VEDA – also has funding that is coming available. 


The State is collecting data on the impact to businesses so they can seek relief and federal support for the state.  The email address to send information to about the impact to your business is  For rental property owners, one ask is to make emergency housing funds available for tenants to request for the payment of April and May’s rent.   This short-term rent payment issue is one of the larger impacts to rental property owners.

PDF Document