Vermont Department of Taxes - Landlord Certificate (new 2021)
New For Tax Year 2021
- Form LRC-140, Landlord Certificate has replaced Form LC-142, Landlord Certificate.
- Landlords who file Form LRC-140 no longer need to provide each tenant household with a Landlord Certificate.
- Landlords with five or more tenants occupying any property are required to file Landlord Certificates through myVTax.
- Landlords must complete one Landlord Certificate for each property owned that has its own SPAN and where one or more units are rented.
- Landlords are not required to report net rent paid, except when the tenant’s rent is subsidized.
- If you are the owner of a for-profit or a not-for-profit mobile home park or a land trust or cooperative, see instructions on how to file Form LRC-147, Statement of Rent for Mobile Home Park Lot Rent, Co-ops, Trusts.
There is more information posted on the Vermont Department of Taxes website
We have also requested guidance on how to report any VERAP money received (we believe that it won't be reportable on this form but need official Tax Department confirmation of that).